That $100 million Chinese investment in Myrtle Beach? We're working on it
One year after local officials announced a $100 million investment in the Myrtle Beach area, there’s been no movement by Chinese investors.
The investment would have brought a Chinese cultural village — an amusement park including attractions like a building built in the image of a giant silk lantern — to an area west of the Intracoastal Waterway, Myrtle Beach Mayor John Rhodes and Horry County Council Chair Mark Lazarus told The Sun News last March.
Lazarus could not be reached by phone Monday. Rhodes said he had not heard anything from the group of investors that he said last year pledged millions to the project.
“I would love to hear from them very soon, but as of right now, I have not,” Rhodes said. “I think they were talking about coming back around the first of — well, hell, it is March.”